We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with expertise in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
Current strategic pursuits
The Data Engineer will be responsible for data processing pipelines. We have the mission of "Capturing, Storing and Transforming" the world's market data. Our data team manages the data pipelines that flow between each of those stages. The role has a large operational component while also requiring someone to envision future growth in both utilization and technology selection for the components of the work.
- Significant experience with Python and ability to write and maintain object-oriented Python applications is a must
- Experience with processing job management – experience using one or more of the following: Jenkins, Rundeck, Apache Airflow or other task scheduling software
- Time spent working in a batch data processing environment or other environment where large data jobs are performed using automation
- Experience with ETL pipelines and Data Lakes
- Git version control systems - GitLab and/or GitHub
- Proficiency with Linux and an understanding of Linux server architecture and operation
- Should be very comfortable with data copying, scheduling tasks and Linux daemons
Nice to haves, but not required
- Experience with AWS data warehouse, Redshift, Athena, Dremio or Snowflake
- Experience with Google Cloud BigQuery
- Experience with and knowledge of US and International market data
- Experience with multicast market data
- Experience with monitoring and visualization systems such as Nagios, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with time series databases
- Experience with AWS S3
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- C/C++ programming experience
- Bash / Shell Scripting experience
At the London Stock Exchange Group, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organization is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organization of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.