MayStreet Inc. has immediate openings for Support Engineers. This is a full-time remote position. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company Headquartered in NYC, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
The Support Engineer will provide engineering and operational support for multiple distributed applications and engage with clients from some of the world’s top banks, hedge funds and trading firms. This is an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art hardware (top-line CPUs, NVME, Solarflare, ExaNIC).
- Partner – Work closely with customer development teams to help them understand, onboard, configure, improve and leverage our tools and technology to implement their own in-house solutions.
- Problem solve – Solve challenging problems that affect a wide range of capital markets players.
- Collaborate- Interact with adjacent business functions including sales, product development, and client integration.
- Exchange specialist – Research and comprehend exchange rules and formats for both public market data and order entry systems.
- Knowledge base – Write clear, concise and easy to read documentation
- Research – Explore and implement new OS, and hardware features
- Excellent problem-solving skills and diagnostic intuition
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including technical documentation
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, equivalent discipline or other highly technical field
- The ideal candidate will have superb presentation and interpersonal skills & be comfortable being the face of MayStreet from a relationship and technical perspective
- Prior experience with L2/L3 support at a financial institution or capital markets technology firm is strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to seeing tasks through
- Self-starter, able to work with incomplete requirements- must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to code in one of the following: Python, C++ or Java
- Experience with Linux Terminal Command and Shell Scripting
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services industry
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer.