Full Stack Developer
LSEG has immediate opening for Full Stack Developers. This is a fully remote role with no travel requirements. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
Your strategic role
The Full Stack Developer will help develop clean, powerful, and user-friendly user interfaces and the associated AWS backend components which will be used by professional financial users, modelers and other clients. This role will also develop system administrator-facing tools and associated backend components to manage internal processes.
The considerable complexity of capital markets technology, along with the premium placed on high-integrity, low-latency data, demands that the engineer quickly attain and understand the nuance of LSEG’s proprietary data delivery platform. The candidate must also have the easy personal skills required to interact with engineers on the customer side.
- Ability to write clean and functional code on both the front-end and back-end.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Ability to use out-of-the-box UI development framework tools and integrate them into existing solutions
- Basic knowledge of current software design patterns
- Participation in the technical design of applications and in larger system design efforts
- 2+ years hands-on experience with server-side web application development and SQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of associated web development processes and technologies
- Knowledge of both unit and functional testing using Jest, Cypress, or other similar technologies
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of the Python language and Jupyter
- React development experience
- An understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience with visualization libraries (for example, D3.js)
- Experience with distributed systems
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organization is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organization of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.