We have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology.
Current strategic pursuits
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, computer engineering or similar discipline is a prerequisite for this position
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of relevant experience
- Broad working knowledge of Linux operating system fundamentals
- Experience with BASH and/or Python scripting languages is a must
- Eager to learn and work with new technologies
- Clear and concise communication skills as well as the ability to efficiently analyze and deconstruct technical problems
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other core networking technologies
- Familiarity with Cisco/Arista or similar networking equipment and basic understanding of network protocols
- Experience with basic configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of switches and routers; experience with firewalls is a plus
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing providers is a plus.
- Experience with deployment of various tools using Docker, Kubernetes, and KVM a plus
At the London Stock Exchange Group, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organization is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organization of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.