MayStreet has immediate openings for a Linux System Administrator. This is a full-time position in New York City, with a Hybrid Remote / In-Office working model. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company, Headquartered in NYC, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
What you’ll do
The Linux System Administrator will build, maintain and evolve the Linux and network infrastructure of MayStreet. This includes deploying and configuring system infrastructure, managing and monitoring systems and supporting our technical staff.
- Provide recommendations and contribute to infrastructure architecture, specifications, design, testing, and hands-on solutions.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain cutting-edge capture systems globally to expand and scale the company’s capture footprint.
- Extend configuration management and automation tools to support infrastructure-as-code initiatives.
- Build and extend monitoring using tools such as Influxdb, Prometheus, Grafana, and related utilities.
- Identify and troubleshoot complex system failures, network issues, and other infrastructure anomalies and irregularities; provide root cause and failure analysis as needed.
- Manage and maintain infrastructure at local colocation data center including multi-petabyte scale-out storage system.
- Upgrade and evolve infrastructure and systems with new, state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 - 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Broad working knowledge of Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Experience with BASH and/or Python scripting languages is a must.
- Eager to learn and work with new technologies.
- Clear and concise communication skills as well as the ability to efficiently analyze and deconstruct technical problems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other core networking technologies.
- Familiarity with Cisco/Arista or similar networking equipment and basic understanding of network protocols.
- Experience with basic configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of switches and routers; experience with firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing providers is a plus.
- Experience with deployment of various tools using Docker, Kubernetes, and KVM a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Catered Lunch
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer